Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Remember the AG heads on Battat bodies?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For those of you that may have missed this, I'll try to get you up to speed.
    The other day a seller had several AG heads she said she had brought from Germany, and they were all listed as having replacement bodies. Several of us looked at the auctions, and decided they were definitely Battat bodies, with AG heads.
    The auctions ended Tuesday evening, and yesterday, Wednesday, one of the dolls was listed for sale, again, by the winning bidder. Now, you know she didn't have the doll, since not even 24 hrs. had passed. She was using the original sellers picture, which is why I spotted it. She is selling it as a pre-mattel AG doll. The picture is just a head shot. Knowing she couldn't possibly have the doll in hand, I asked a few questions. I asked what condition the body was in, and did she have more pictures. She replied that the batteries in her camera were dead, so she couldn't take any more pictures, and that the doll went to the doll hospital and had gotten a completely new body. I also asked how she was marked on the back of her neck......that question was ignored, so I emailed her again, and told her she forgot to tell me about the neck marking. She never answered.
    Why do sellers feel they have to lie???
    I would have felt better if she hadn't answered at all. She could have even waited until she had the doll, then answered my questions, assuming it would ship to her immediately. She just lost all credibility with me, as a seller.
    I know some people may think I was baiting her, but I also think she is misrepresenting what she is selling. A lot of us have purchased dolls off Ebay, and not gotten what we paid for, or had surprises when the dolls arrived. The only way to keep these sellers honest is to ask questions, even if we know the answers. That tells me a lot about the sellers honesty. Venting this morning!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kitschywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    394
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd report her auction for selling fraudulent merchandise. But then I'm mean that way. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think your mean, just protecting the buyer.

    Shanna

  4. #4
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Post

    It's so disappointing to hear about this! You get in the habit of being trusting, and it's so sad to be tricked. I think you're brave and standing up for all the rest of us to do what you did.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say report her to ebay... that kind of seller needs to be stopped in their tracks and delt with immediatly. The longer people wait the more honest people she scams.

    How do people sleep at night!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member stacird's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just noticed that this auction ended early. It says it was due to an error in the listing.
    We'll see if poor Molly shows up again.

    Stacird

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not sure if it's the same Molly, but tonight there's a new auction for a Molly head on a Bataat body. She calls it an Original German Pleasant Company Molly Head. She actually says that she comes on a replacement body that looks almost like the original body. Can you believe that? To me the Bataat bodies don't look much at all like AG bodies.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member stacird's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think you're right Dee. I just saw that auction and I'm sure it's the same doll. We'll see what happens. It's with a different seller name though.

    Stacird

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Martina's*Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2006
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Holy Moly, I saw those auctions on Ebay the other day and thought, that it was weird in some way. [img]mad.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That sounds very suspicious. I've seen the same thing happen with extremely rare MLPs; somene will win and then "relist" suspiciously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •